Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Post from the Mom to Be

Very exciting to have a space dedicated to this next adventure in my and Lee's lives/relationship/marriage. We're both very excited about this event and can't wait to share all the wonderful moments with friends and family - which hopefully the blog will facilitate.

We're half-way through the pregnancy and both beginning to feel a little anxious about the whole thing (or at least I can speak for myself). It seems like there's so much still to do and even though we have SOME time to work with, I'm assuming the second 20-ish weeks will go as quickly as the first 20 weeks.

We've been lucky to have a lot of great friends who have already gone through the experience very generously share advice, breast pumps, diapers etc. So I know we're in good hands as this event unfolds! Can't wait to start posting pics and giving everyone the updates on the Rowdy Chilcote's daily antics (okay - the baby isn't really named Rowdy Chilcote - but we had to come up with a temporary name since we're not finding out if it's a boy or girl - and just calling it "baby" or "alien" all the time gets a little old).

2 comments:

fertile said...

breast bumps..ouch

Noelle said...

wow....your words remind me of the days my sister and I were eagerly awaiting the arrival of my daughter. we didn't know whether she'd be a boy or a girl so I often surveyed my friends brought up by single moms to see whether boys or girls did better. In the end, I spent hours assuming I'd have a boy and I'd have to deal with it (little did I know what dealing with a girl would be like) and I just prayed that the little one would be spared her father's nose and my hair. Wouldn't you know it... all that focused prayer got her both. Funny how the universe works. Enjoy this time with playful names (Josephine was called Peanut) with mysterious movements with false alarms and most of all with the two of you preparing your lives for what's to come. I look forward to gobs of stories.